Monday, September 14, 2009

five going on sixteen.

This past weekend I spent sometime with my two younger cousins, one is seventeen and the other is five. And now that I'm surrounded by kids all day, I've noticed a quite of few things. Like how much television has influenced the way a five year old can act. Its incredible how much she wants to be like "Hannah Montana" or "Selena Gomez". My little cousin swears she's the same age as them. Half the things she says I probably didn't know until I entered seventh grade. lol. and she's only FIVE! Yeah we all find it "cute" when she tries to act grown up and says things you wouldn't think she knew but if you really think about it, if shes acting like this at the age of five I wonder what she might be doing at the age of thirteen. I mean seriously these little girls are maturing way too quickly. I think this might be a reason why teen pregnancy is so high right now. Parents need to explain to their daughters that theres an age difference and when your a certain age you can act a certain way but at five years old you should still be playing with your Barbie's, not worrying if you have a boyfriend or not.

3 comments:

  1. Thats crazy my little sister is a freshman in high school now and its weird how things are changing. Now I have to play the role of the over protective brother which I hated in my ex-girlfriend's brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids nowadays are five going to one hundred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kids always wanna be older then they really are.

    ReplyDelete