Monday, September 14, 2009

Wow I can't believe its been eight years since 9/11. Its sad to know how many people died that day. But that day for me went by really quickly. I was eleven years old in the sixth grade. I had just started middle school. And When I entered my second period class, reading. We were told by the intercom that no one should turn on the television, internet, or radio. We were all confused including the teachers. But we did as we were told. And then about every five minutes or so the phone would ring and someone would be leaving for early dismissal. All I could think about is whether I was going to be picked up early, since I hated my fourth period class, history. And then the phone rang for the 20th time and it was my turn. My dad picked me up right before the bell rang. I was so happy but curious at the same time. On the way home my dad told me that one of the Twin Towers had been hit by an airplane, but since I have never been to New York I had no idea what he was referring to. So I just nod and let the radio ramble on. Now I regret not paying more attention but at that age I really didn't understand what was going on. So when we got home my mom had the television on and thats when I saw it, It seemed like a movie. I saw the towers collapsing and bodies jumping out of windows, it was scary. So I decided to go upstairs and take a nap. When I woke up I was trying to watch TV but they kept showing clips of the towers. It started to annoy me. For the next couple days my teachers tried to explain this awful event we had just experienced, some kids in my class had family members and this was hard on them but to me all I felt was sympathy for their lost since I didn't anyone from New York. But now as the years have gone by I understand more of what this tragic event has left in our history.

No comments:

Post a Comment