Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Post Secret

If you've never heard of Post Secret get ready to be hooked...
"Post Secret is an on going community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a postcard."
This guy named Frank had an idea to have postcards placed in random places and tell people to send in their secrets to his home address, now years later he has published five books.
And thanks to my wonderful boyfriend I am an owner of his latest book "Confessions on life, death, and god."
When a friend of mine showed me his first books, I couldn't believe the things people go through or have done. The secrets that you can have incommon with random strangers.. One of my favorite secrets, I just read recently. Had the the words "THE END" written out with small letters. It took me a while to figure out what the message inbetween the word said, but when I did, I felt as if I was the one that had written it. It said "I always get sad when I finish a book. It feels like I'm losing my friends" I love to read and every time I finish a book I am slightly bum knowing that I won't know anything else about "my friends" lives. As if they are taken out of my life, and not know anything else about them. I especially feel this way if the ending wasn't a happy one. lol I am a sucker for happy endings and if the good guy doesn't get the girl then it won't become one of my favorites.
If you want to send your own secret or just read what others have to say then go to Postsecret.com, every Sunday they have new secrets posted. I never miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment